What a grand old lady! I would have liked to buy her when she was first listed for sale, but wasn’t able to then, so was delighted to see her available again in 2015. I feel very lucky indeed to have had a second chance on her! She’s one of the best foundation cows I could have asked for to build my herd on.
Lucky is a fabulous cow, and in spite of her quirky disposition she wormed her way into my heart. She has amazing width & depth…a lot of mass to this girl. She is square & correct with great legs & feet, and a lovely udder to boot. She has been producing some wonderful calves, and her legacy will live on in my herd through Esmeralda’s line.
As much as I hate to see this amazing lady go, I need to downsize a bit, so I guess it’s time. She’s still looking great & going strong!
See Lucky through the seasons & years in her photos below. That udder is holding up beautifully!
|color||dun (E/E, b/b)|
- 4/6/16 – “Serendipity”, black heifer by Schmoozer
- 4/16/17 – “Esmeralda”, dun heifer by Thomas
- 6/6/18 – “Cheeks”, black steer by Schmoozer
- 5/6/19 – dun heifer by Cecil
- 10/2/20 – “Freddy”, black steer by Thomas
- 9/6/21 – “Curley”, black steer by Cash
- Sire: Serenity Oak Farm Taco: Rock N’ Oaks Boo x Hillview DJ Baxter
- Dam: Esmeralda: Easter x Wee Gaelic Mr. O’Toole